Wednesday, May 27, 2009

It's been almost two weeks since I've blogged, and a busy two weeks it has been. Each year over Memorial Week-end, my husband barbecues for his family. I just can't seem to accept his idea of "clean house after they leave, not before they come". So, I did my spring cleaning only to see rain on Saturday, mud on Sunday and rain, rain, rain on Monday. We've had over 4 inches of rain since this all began and now the house is dirtier than ever. There were around 85 people for the BBQ on Sunday. Most of them were here just for the day, but we had Al's daughter for two days, one of his granddaughters for two days and his son and two other granddaughters are still here with us.



On this Memorial Day and all Memorial Day's, I think of those who have lost their lives fighting for our country. But I don't think of just those who have died, I also think of those who have lost a part of their lives because of the fighting. Those men and women who have been wounded in war physically and emotionally, who are trying to piece together their lives after experiencing the horrors of war. I thank all military men and women for their service to our country including my husband who spent 20 years in the Air Force, some of that time in Vietnam, and my brother John who also served in Vietnam in the Army. Above all, I pray for peace.

Also on my mind are friends and family who are no longer with us. I miss them often, but on Memorial Day, I particularly think of them and the influence they have had on my life.

No comments: