Thursday, April 23, 2009

It's so much fun to turn on the television and see a relative on national tv. I had a phone call yesterday to watch CNBC around 9:15 this morning to see cousin Mebane Faber as a guest speaker on Squawk on the Street under the heading of Investing Like the Top Endowments. Meb is living in California, I believe (correct me if I'm wrong), and is a financial analyst. He has written a book called The Ivy Portfolio and also does some writing for www.thestreet.com and the World Beta Blog. If anyone would be interested in watching him, you can find the clip at the following address online:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=1101420851&play=1

We had such a wonderful Faber family reunion on April 4. I will write about it in the near future. I've kind of neglected my blog lately, but seems with the nice weather, I am reminded of so much that needs to be done. Well, I think about it a lot, but I haven't gotten a lot of it finished. There's windows to wash, house to clean, garden to plant (Al's pretty much doing all of that this year) and graduations coming up soon.

It's hard to believe that I have another grandchild graduating from high school. Alexis Rose is the graduate, and she plans to go to nursing school in Wichita. Then I have Amber, Caleb and Nakita graduating from 8th grade. I guess I'll be doing some traveling towards the middle of May, which isn't so bad because I still haven't seen my son's new home. Oh, to win the lottery and be able to travel anytime and anywhere that I want to. Dream on!

No comments: