Thursday, January 1, 2009

Mago





When my first grandchild was born I wasn't sure if I was ready to be a grandma, but the first time I held him in my arms, I knew that the time had come. When Zeb began to talk, he had a special name for me which was Mago. This name was special to me because it was mine, and only mine. Zeb continued to call me Mago until he reached school age. I don't know what changed then, maybe the kids teased him for not saying Grandma, but he outgrew the nickname that he had given me. I never forgot it, though, and held it close to my heart.

Many, many years later, my husband, his sister and brother-in-law and I took a trip to Flagstaff, Arizona. One day we decided to take a drive to Sedona which held great fascination to me because of the energy vortex that exist in that area. I had studied Reiki and heard so many good things about the area.

When we reached Sedona and drove through the town I gasped and took a second look. There, on the right hand side of the road was a place called Mago's Cafe. Whoa, this is the first time I had ever seen this name anywhere but in relation to me as Grandma. I took a picture of the place and wanted to go back to it, but we didn't make it there. We did stop at a store further down the road. While looking through the books, I came across a book named MAGO'S DREAM written by Ilchi Lee. I had no choice but to buy the book with great anticipation to sit down and read it.


Lee was a peace activist, spiritual leader and energy healer who came to Sedona in search of a special place in this part of the world. He found it in Sedona. Not only was this beautiful, breathtaking scenery, but it held four of twenty-one known energy vortex areas in the world. In a small geographical radius you can find all the different types of vortexes (upflow/masculine/electric, inflow/feminine/magnetic, or combination /electromagnetic, etc.). This area was sacred ground to the American Indians in this area.

Bell Rock
The Strongest Vortex
at Sedona











People go to Sedona today for spiritual and physical healing because of these energy vortex.
The chapel where people from all around
the world go to pray for healing.

Lee says in his book that Mago is "the soul of the Earth". I knew at that moment that my grandson's name for me was meant to be. I am a child of the earth, and I began to use the name Mago's Child on the internet. Lee's book reached deep within my own soul because of his thoughts and feelings about the earth and how we need to care for it above all else. Everything we have comes from the earth. How can we be so blind as to not see how we are destroying the very soul of the earth, our very source of existence?

No comments: