Monday, January 5, 2009

Speaking of cults, I was just reading an article that was blaming the death of Jett Travolta on Scientology. There has been extensive discussion on this subject for years. It is considered a cult by many people. The article stated that Jett was Autistic and also had a heart condition that they refused to treat because of the religion. They refuse psychiatric drugs and counseling believing that only spiritual healing should be used for conditions of the mind, and Autisim is considered by them a condition of the mind. I also read that Jett was on medication at one time to prevent seizures, but the parents said they didn't work and took him off of the drug. Maybe they should have found another Dr. to resolve the problem.

My heart goes out to the family, but I will never be able to understand how any parent wouldn't do all they could to make their children healthy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hadn't heard that Jett Travolta died until I read it on your blog. What a tragedy for John Travolta and his wife Kelly Preston and their daughter Jett Blue. I have no clear idea what Scientology is or whether it's good or bad. I tried to read up on it once, but it didn't much make sense to me, and I quickly gave up on trying to understand what it's all about.

Anonymous said...

Whooops! Their daughter's name is apparently Ella Bleu! Sorry for the mistake.