Tuesday, January 6, 2009

More fun.....

Since I haven't posted anything today, I decided I'd just tell a story about my grandson. My plans in the near future are to discuss different parts of The Shack by Wm. Paul Young, but I'm not quite ready to do that yet.

Now, to the story.

My grandson would hate it if he knew I told this one on him, but we all got such a good laugh out of it.

He had graduated from high school and was just beginning a job. He was nervous and left for work early because he didn't want to be late on his first day. When he got to the job site, he had plenty of time before he had to go in so he turned on his car to listen to music. While listening to the music, his battery went dead. His doors were locked.
In a panic, he called his dad.
"Dad, I need you to come and help me."
Dad asked him, "Why? What's wrong?"
My grandson replied, "My battery went dead and the doors are locked. I can't get out!"
His dad hesitated for a minute then said, "Reach over and pull up the lock."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think we can all identify with this story. We've all done "dumb" things in a panic and wondered what on earth we were thinking later.